You can build Kamailio as SIP proxy. The steps mentioned below were applied to Kamailio-4.2.0 in an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS system. If you are using a different version of Kamailio or different machine/os, corresponding change/action you must consider.
- Make sure flex package is installed if not present in machine.apt-get install flex
- Make sure bison package is installed if not present in machine.apt-get install bison
- Download the latest source from here. Alternatively pick a right version from here.
- Unzip the downloaded zip to a specific folder, say usr/local/sip-kamailio folder.
- Change the directory
- Build all related modules using below command.make proper
This will install Kamailio to default path /etc/kamailio.
If you want to install Kamailio to a specific path execute below commands.make proper
make prefix=/usr/local/ all
make prefix=/usr/local/ install
This will install Kamailio to path /uysr/local/etc/kamailio.
There are lot of build control information in kamailio-4.2.0/INSTALL file. You can refer and build accordingly.
Once build is done, you need to configure Kamailio config file. Go to directory where Kamailio is installed. Change the port, ip etc as per your machine details.