Load Multiplier simulates IMS servers like P-CSCF, I-CSCF, S-CSCF, application servers. Additionally it simulates millions of IMS clients to load IMS servers like P-CSCF, I-CSCF and S-CSCF. Using Load Multiplier's FlexiSIP module it is easy to simulate SIP specific scenarios. In a typical IMS network UE (user equipment) interfaces with P-CSCF. Be it registration or call, IMS message flows are bit different than normal SIP message flows. However with proper configuration you can simulate IMS registration, call and supplementary services message flows. Please refer below diagram for more details.
In case you are looking to simulate other interface messages (text or binary or mix of text and binary), you can do so using Load Multiplier's apat(any product any test) module. Typically apat is capable of simulating any text / binary call flows, extract data and use it in future transactions.
- Call setup
- Session Modification
- Call Hold
- Call Transfer
- Call Termination
- Instant messaging
Different kind of transports supported for signalling are
- Web socket
- Secured web socket
Various audio codes supported are
Various video codecs supported are
RTP security supported using
- Key exchange using DTLS
Various media transports supported are
To avoid NAT / Firewall issues below features are supported
For message/sequence manipulation below functionalities are supported
- Addition of new headers
- Modification of existing headers
- Removal of existing headers
- Introduction of stand-alone transactions
- Define your own out of box call flows / transactions as you need
- Inject any other custom text / binary messages during call
In addition to that you can have wide range templates for message variations to simulate required call flow.
As the IMS test goes on, you will see the result in test summary table as shown below.
If you want to see reports how IMS test fared over a period of time, you can look at graphs provided by Load Multiplier (Drawn on basis of data captured every 15 second). You can see graphs for network traffic (TCP, UDP, SCTP, DTLS, TLS, Websocket, Secured Websocket) etc, media streams / sessions, calls, transactions, ports used etc.
Certain graphs are shown below for visual representation.
Load Multiplier supports wide range of standards used for IMS specification / standardization. Some of these RFC / standards are listed below.
- RFC 3261 ( SIP base)
- RFC 2848 ( SIP methods SUBSCRIBE, UNSUBCRIBE, NOTIFY )
- RFC 3262 ( SIP method PRACK )
- RFC 3311 ( SIP method UPDATE )
- RFC 3312 ( SIP Precondition)
- RFC 3264 ( Offer Answer Model)
- RFC 3265 ( SIP specific Event notification)
- RFC 3515 ( SIP method REFER )
- RFC 3856 ( SIP presence event package )
- RFC 3903 ( SIP method PUBLISH )
- RFC 7315 ( P-Header extension )
Also related 3GPP specifications are supported.
- ETSI TS 124 228 V5.15.0 (2006-09) , 3GPP TS 24.228 V5.15.0 (2006-09) - for 2G, 3G and LTE
- 3GPP 24.229 - IMS client call flows
- GSMA Document FCM.01 for VoLTE.
In addition to all these, you can modify message content, message sequence in a flow as well. Almost all kind of call flows you will be able to simulate with proper configuration.
Want to learn more!
Please contact us at email@example.com.